Previously as a degree qualified Naturopath and professional member of the National Herbalists Association of Australia, Tania has been registered with all major health funds.
However, thanks to recent, shortsighted, government reforms of the health insurance industry, this is no longer available as of the 1st of April 2019.
Rest assured, our industry, clients and concerned members of the general public, along with high profile advocates of natural medicine such as Dr Kerryn Phelps, have been lobbying tirelessly to have this decision reviewed and we are expecting this ruling to be overturned upon review in 2020.
At which time we hope the following health funds (listed below) will again offer rebates to our clients.
After all, Natural Medicine has a strong focus on preventative health care which only helps to keep people out of our already overloaded public health system. So I am leaving this list of health funds on our website while we wait for an update.
- ACA Health Benefits Fund
- ANZ Health Insurance
- Australian Health Management (AHM)
- Australian Unity (Grand United)
- Bupa Australia Overseas Health Cover
- CBHS Friendly Society
- Cessnock District Health Benefits Fund (CDHBF)
- CUA Health Limited
- Defence Health
- Geelong Med. & Health Benefits Assoc (GMHBA)
- Goldfields Medical Fund (GMF)
- Healthcover Direct
- Health Care Insurance Ltd (HCI)
- Health Insurance Fund of WA (HIF)
- Health Partners ARHG
- Hospitals Contribution Fund (HCF)
- Latrobe Health Services (Federation Health)
- Manchester Unity HCF MBF
- Medibank Private
- Mildura District Hospital Fund ARHG
- Mutual Community
- Navy Health Fund
- NIB Health Funds Ltd
- Peoplecare Health Insurance
- Phoenix Health Fund
- Police Health Fund
- Queensland Country Health Fund Ltd
- Railway & Transport Health Fund Ltd
- St George Health Protect
- St Lukes Health
- Teachers Federation Health
- Teachers Union Health
- Transport Health
Please check with your health fund to ensure you are covered for Naturopathic services.